Its the season of test Android Nougat (7) OTA updates as promised by Infinix. There’s been the Infinix Zero 4 (X555), Infinix Hot 4 (X557), Note 3 (X601-H536A1) and Note 3 Pro (X601-H537A1) which have received their test Nougat builds and now the Hot S (X521) but only for the A1C1 & E1G1 Build Numbers .
The Infinix Hot S (X521) has several builds as listed at our Infinix stock ROMs / firmware collections thread ranging from the A1, C1, E1, G1 to the I1. If you’re looking to install this Nougat update then ensure your Build Number matches else you could end up with a bricked phone.
Updating Infinix Hot S (X521) to Nougat (Android 7) via SP Flash tool or Tcard
If your Build matches then you can download the update below:
- X521-J5088A1C1-N-170505V10 (Scatter)
- X521-J5088E1G1-N-170508V10 (Scatter)
Important things to note before updating your Hot S (X521) to the Nougat test build
- Ensure your battery is well charged
- Take note of your Build Number
- Dump your firmware in scatter format using Miracle Box
- If you’ll be using the Tcard format (to be copied to SD card and flashed in recovery mode) then ensure to unroot your Infinix Hot S (X521) first
- For the scatter format, there’s no need to unroot. Simply flash using SP Flash Tool