Tecno is rolling out the KC8-H6110LMN-P-191006V111 OTA update to the Spark 4.
What’s new in this update?
- Optimized the stability issue from user feedback
- Optimized system stability and performance while fixing other issues
Before installing the update, ensure to:
- Unroot the phone (if rooted) by flashing the firmware (use Factory / Signed firmware and not a backup)
- Ensure your battery is well charged
- Take note of your current build number (Settings > About > Build Number)
How to install the Tecno Spark 4 OTA update
- If you got an update notification on your notifications bar then simply slide down and tap the OTA Update notification prompt
- If you are yet to get an OTA update prompt then navigate to Settings > About > System update and search for an update
- Tap Download and Install
- Wait for the update to get downloaded (its 350.3 MB)
- Once download is complete, tap Restart & Install
- Wait while the phone boots into recovery mode and installs the update (DO NOT interrupt)
- The Tecno Spark 4 should reboot to home screen once the update is completed
Feedback from Spark 4 users
We don’t know what Tecno really fixed (or removed 🙁 ) in this update. Based on user feedback at their forum, recent OTA updates have not only been buggy but also removed desirable features. While some models have got their fonts back, the struggle for other models and features continues.
The official Tecno Spot NG handle posted this feedback on the update:
The rear fingerprint security is now faster than it used to be.@TECNO SPOT NG
and we now have a wallpaper carousel on the lock screen, which adds more beauty to the device.
Overall improved system performance.