A few hours ago, Infinix pushed the X559-H8015C-N-180326V126 ; Android 7.0-XOSv2.3 bug fix OTA update to the Hot 5.
What’s new in this Android 7.0-XOSv2.3 X559-H8015C-N-180326V126 update?
- Fixed Thailand APN display issues
- Fixed Pakistan Operator Zong related issues
- Optimized system stability and performance while fixing other issues.
What to do before installing this OTA update
Its important you take the following precautions since updates don’t always guarantee a better experience:
- Take note of your phone’s current Build Number (Settings > About > Build Number) so you know which firmware you’ll need should you need to downgrade
- Its recommended you backup your current firmware in scatter format using Miracle Box or Wwr tool so you have a safety net to fall back on in case you find the update too buggy to use
- If you have rooted your phone then ensure to unroot by flashing the stock rom for your build number from our collection of Infinix Hot 5 X559C stock roms. Flash back stock recovery.img if you’re using a custom recovery (e.g TWRP, CWM or Philz)
- Charge your battery over 50% or leave connected to power (if faulty) before installing the update
How to update Infinix Hot 5 X559C
Once you’ve followed the precautions then:
- If you got an update notification on your notifications bar then simply slide down and tap the OTA Update notification prompt
- If you are yet to get an OTA update prompt then navigate to Settings > About > System update and search for an update
- Tap Download and Install
- Wait for the update to get downloaded
- Once download is complete, tap Restart & Install
- Wait while the phone boots into recovery mode and installs the update (DO NOT interrupt)
- The Infinix Hot 5 X559C should reboot to home screen once the update is completed
How to downgrade your Infinix Hot 5
If you find the update buggy and wish to downgrade then all you need to do is download the firmware for your previous Build Number and flash. If you’d backed up your firmware as recommended then simply flash your backup.