The procedure to root Infinix X627 (Smart 3 Plus) is just like that of the Tecno Spark Go KC1; patching recovery.img instead of boot.img. Root gained via this technique is temporary.
Before you proceed, you’ll need the stock recovery.img for your build number (located at Settings > About > Build Number). You can check our Infinix X627 Smart 3 Plus stock roms page. If you can’t find your build number then you either request or backup your phone’s firmware (we have several tutorials on that).
Warning: You might lose network detection. Rebooting fixes this…but then you lose root 🙂 .
Steps to gain temporary root in Infinix X627
- Setup ADB & Fastboot on your PC
- Unlock your bootloader (don’t worry about the Orange State error)
- Download the Infinix X627 stock recovery.img for your build number
- Patch the recovery.img using Magisk Manager as explained here
- Rename the patched recovery image to recovery.img then copy into the ADB folder
- Get the phone into fastboot then launch command prompt (for fastboot commands)
- Flash the recovery image using fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Once the flash is done, hold the Power button + Volume up button till the phone goes off
- When the phone goes off, release the Power button immediately but keep holding the volume up button
- Once you see the boot logo (Tecno), release the volume up button
- The phone will boot up and you should have temporary root.
This post will be updated once permanent root is attained.