It’s not news that Volume up + Power button doesn’t work when trying to boot the Infinix Hot 2 X510 into recovery mode. For those who really need to boot into stock recovery on this device instead of having to use a Custom recovery, here’s a fix.
How to boot Infinix Hot 2 X510 into Stock recovery
- Download this Infinix Hot 2 zip file @ https://hovatek.com/redirect.php?link=https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B9srKhKuVIMnN2d4c0szU2pySnc&export=download
- Unzip the above files into a folder
- Install VCOM drivers on the PC using the guide at https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-440.html
- Flash the files to the phone using Infinix Flash tool @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-9224.html
- Take out the battery after flashing then slot back in and boot the phone normally
- Setup ADB on the PC using the guide at https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-588.html and launch ADB
- To launch ADB; Open the ADB folder > Hold down the SHIFT key on the keyboard > While holding SHIFT, right-click on an empty space in the ADB folder > Select Open command window here
- Enable USB debugging on the phone using https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-10109.html and connect it to the PC (while turned on) via a USB cord
- To boot the phone into recovery mode using ADB, type the commands below and press Enter after each line
Hovatek….just a button away!